Kara N. Foster
Kara represents individuals in all aspects of family law, including divorce, property division, child and spousal support issues, child custody and visitation, attorney fees and costs, as well as domestic violence restraining orders, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Kara’s clientele incorporates a broad range between C-level executives, business owners, engineers, start-up employees, other attorneys, medical professionals, and stay at home parents.
Kara prides herself on making sure that all of her clients are comfortable and educated going through a process that may be one of the hardest things they will ever be faced with. While her handling of her cases is compassionate she is also pragmatic and creative regarding solutions which allows for the best outcome for all involved. Kara’s main goal is always settlement; however, that is not always possible and will fight for you when necessary.
Prior to co-founding Foster Hsu, LLP, she was a Senior Associate at the largest family law firm in the Bay Area.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Property Division
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- University of California, San Diego, California
- B.S. in Biochemistry and Cell Biology and B.A. in Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Santa Clara University Pro Bono Award 2012
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019
- Top Attorneys Northern California’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2019
- Top Attorneys Northern California Rising Stars – 2019
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- English (Primary)